This is the original MicroEMACS based on the released sources
version 4.00; it contains several bug fixes but no
If you are looking for enhancements or other versions, please refer
to JASSPA's MicroEMACS '02 or
Dana French's uemacs.
The programs that can be downloaded from here
are marked version 4.04
and have the following problems fixed:
- The environment variables LINES and COLUMNS are evaluated, if
- MicroEMACS no longer hangs, if incremental-forward-search is
followed by another search command and the pattern is still empty.
- MicroEMACS no longer fills the screen with garbage, if a highlighted
text area is being scrolled, e.g. during incremental search.
- The NT console version now correctly uses size and attributes
of the console window.
- All versions have file locking enabled, the problem with orphaned
lock files has been fixed.
The documentation was created using a quick hack converter from
the original MSS format to the man page format. The rest was done
The provided resource files .emacsrc and emacs.rc, respectively,
are examples; they may need to be modified for production purposes.